STATIC DISCLAIMER: All the stuff in here is purely my opinions, and they tend to change depending on what mood I'm in. If you're going to get bitter if I say something about you that you don't like, then maybe don't read. I avoid using names as much as possible, and would request that people who know me do the same in their comments. Basically, I often vent my frustrations on here, so if you happen to be someone who frustrates me, expect to read a description of someone very much like you in here!

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

podcasting?

Forgive me Blogger, for I have SYN'd. It's been 5 days since my last blog entry.

I stumbled across a strange article via an RSS feed on this thing called podcasting. Apparently, the idea is that it works a bit like an RSS feed, but with an MP3 file attached that contains audio of someone talking, or music, or both. Basically, do-it-yourself radio, but not live. I heard of this concept for the first time today, but I must be a bit slow in my geekyness, as apparently it's already a phenomenon. A bit like the "I kiss you!!" guy, but with less foto-cameras, and hopefully more good taste. Mind you, you never can tell...
Anyways, the result of all of this is that having only just cottoned on to the idea of RSS feeds as a cool way to keep up-to-date on stuff that interests me, I'm now going to hook up to some podcasts and get them on my iPaq so I can listen to them on the way to and from work.

You watch - they'll outlaw them within a week now. That always happens to me.

So hey, on a completely unrelated point, my cousin is getting married in November, and he's asked me to be his groomsman. This mightn't seem like a big deal to some, but I'm really pumped. My cousin is a really great guy and he's marrying an awesome girl, and I'm just stoked that I can be part of their day. Heheheh... I'm such a softy.
Anyways, I sent him a link to my blog so I thought I'd put in a big "hello!!" in case he does in fact have a look.

Look, I know I've been a bit slack with actually ranting on this "man-with-rant" thing, but the problem is that I just never have time (although I'm not as bad as someone I know... SLACKER!! hee hee). Like right now - I set this time, the hour previous to this very moment - 8:41pm, aside for playing my PS2. My wife had gone out for the evening, so I figured I had the whole place to myself, and could just unwind in front of some Star Ocean 3. I haven't played this game in probably over a month, and I was seriously engrossed in it last time I played. With work, and then our baby boy (who is 1 year old in about 2 weeks!), and spending time with my wonderful wife, I really don't have a lot of free time. And yet there are SO MANY things I really want to do! Gaming is just one of a multitude - a multitude that includes writing in my blog.

Anyway, the moral of the story is to be patient. Some day soon I'll write about how I don't think reality is actually real at all, and that I think it must be "rendered" at the point at which it is viewed. Something along the lines of the "if a tree falls in a forest" argument. I've got reasons for this, but I think I'll save it all for another night. In the mean time, go do something fun. Life's too short for being bored or boring, so do something you enjoy even if you're tired for work tomorrow. I think that's what I'm going to do...

2 comments:

m said...

When you mentioned someone being slck I though you might be referring to me. I have end of semester exams coming up very soon so I've been studying.
(Shameless plug for upcoming blogs): Gender allegiances and a post exploring how Akira could be the modern equivalent of a classic tragedy such as Hamlet.
P.S. That "I kiss you" guy is scary...but then it is cheaper to have your own webspace then join a dating agency right?

Nathan Zamprogno said...

Quality, not quantity, my young padawan.