STATIC DISCLAIMER: All the stuff in here is purely my opinions, and they tend to change depending on what mood I'm in. If you're going to get bitter if I say something about you that you don't like, then maybe don't read. I avoid using names as much as possible, and would request that people who know me do the same in their comments. Basically, I often vent my frustrations on here, so if you happen to be someone who frustrates me, expect to read a description of someone very much like you in here!

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Longhorn, and the rumour mill.

I've managed, by obscure and devious means, to get my hands on yet a more current beta of Windows Codename Longhorn (funny, I haven't been to the site in a while - they look like they're moving into "prelaunch" mode...). My previous look at this OS was happily impressive, and although the logon screen looks like you've just started up your Mac OS 10.3 computer, the new design features of the system are very nice and have a lot of potential as far as I'm concerned. I'll let you know how it looks once I've had a play.

So I got this email from a student this morning, and was really quite blown away by the claim made within. Check it out.
(The boldness was applied by me, to emphasise the bit that I'm wanting to point out, and a name was removed in the interests of protecting privacy.)

thanks sir for the advice on *****'s emails they work now for him, do you like counter strike? if so do you want to come to a lan game, i've heard rumors that your good and i like to take on experts as i'm good to.

Now, I have NEVER mentioned playing CounterStrike to any student. I've mentioned to one that I'm a gamer, but that I mostly like RPGs. And yet somehow, it is now common knowlege that I 0wnz at CS. What the...?! Not that I'm complaining, mind you. It's nice to be held in awe and acclaim. And as long as I can avoid EVER having to meet a student in a game of CounterStrike (or any other FPS game for that matter), I can maintain this air of superiority that I'm now the focus of.

I like this... I like it a lot.

No comments: