- w00t is becoming more common. Today, a 16y.o. girl at my work who isn't known to be a gamer sent an email containing the word "wh00t!" Although this spelling is a slight bastardisation, it's still w00t!
- According to a contest on Merriam-Webster Online, "w00t!" is the third most popular word used in popular culture that is not in the dictionary.
- The emoticon "\o/" apparently means "w00t!" I had no idea.
- Some clever person created a "backronym" of w00t! for use in FPS games, which is: We Owned the Other Team. This person should be found and shot.
- Wikipedia maintains that w00t originally came from a rap song called "Whoot, there it is" which was released around the same time as the closely-named "Whoomp, there it is" - which was by a different artist. The second song I've heard of, but the first is news to me. Anyway, i'm not really seeing this as the birthplace of w00t!
- That's it. All done.