STATIC DISCLAIMER: All the stuff in here is purely my opinions, and they tend to change depending on what mood I'm in. If you're going to get bitter if I say something about you that you don't like, then maybe don't read. I avoid using names as much as possible, and would request that people who know me do the same in their comments. Basically, I often vent my frustrations on here, so if you happen to be someone who frustrates me, expect to read a description of someone very much like you in here!

Monday, February 26, 2007

A Call to Action

The above-linked article is a plan to boycott paying the RIAA any money in the month of March, while still getting money to artists through attending live performances or buying merchendise. Awesome. The ARIA are just their lapdogs, so feel free to participate if you can. Personally, I don't spend money on CDs right now because I don't have any money to spend. Therefore attending concerts and buying merch are a bit out of my reach. Still, I'll send some emails to artists letting them know I appreciate them more when they don't make me pay a bunch of lawyers and business types lots of money so that they can get a little.

1 comment:

m said...

I'm with you on the CD's front! In regards to the artists though, I've often wonder how many of my favourite artists actually read their own email.

While Demon Hunter often post responses to emails on their myspace page, surely more well known bands get too many emails too read them all? That being said, sending an email never hurts...just in case.